Little bit sassy, little bit smart, little bit funny, and little bit snarky when life warrants it. It's good to be realistic.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Things I Wish I Was
Do you ever have a moment where you say "man, I wish I was more like that"? I do.
For example - there are certain words that people use to describe me. For example, words like sassy, strong, dedicated, brutally honest, dramatic, loyal, and funny are all used to describe me. However, words like sweet, nice, caring, etc are NOT on the top ten words to describe Meg.
Now, don't get me wrong - I love me. I think I'm pretty fabulous most of the time, so self esteem is not the issue. However, I think that certain qualities that I have put me in the "not nice" category. (even N says "not nice, Mommy!" from time to time, but that's usually when I'm trying to get her to stop doing something, even if it is in a nice tone. Le sigh.)
There are times that I am sitting alone, like now, and ponder my life. I think I'm nice and fiercely loyal, but my brutal honesty gets me in trouble from time to time. I tell myself that keeping people accountable and not sugar coating stuff isn't necessarily a downfall, but it can get me in trouble in certain situations. I have a little bit of a hot head too, which puts me in the "not nice" category.
Does it bother me that the words sweet and kind aren't used to describe me? Yes and no. I think we all strive to be or do something that isn't inherently in our nature, though. Even when I was a kid I wasn't really referred to as sweet as much I was referred to as "difficult". The sassy part of me says screw it, but there's a little part that just wants to be known as sweet and nice.
So, here's to curbing some of the dramatic and honest tendencies, and working on being a little more sweet. But not too sweet, because I don't want to get diabetes.
(Update - iPad formatting sucks. I like lots of paragraphs, not just one! Blech.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.